I am an HR Generalist with 10+ years of experience in FMCG, service, and consultancy fields. I am immediately available for full time, part-time and contractual engagements in the HR field.
I love to read and write, keeping fit, cooking and I am marvelled by innovation, whether small or big.
March 2019 to date.
International Talent Mgt Co.
- Prepare and update training outlines & timelines.
- Track progress and retrain programs to ensure success.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behavior.
- Conduct and/or coordinate personal/professional improvement training courses using a client centered approach.
June 2018 to March 2019
Umoja Rubber Products Ltd
- Translate the business requirement for the functional team into effective HR practices in order to deliver people related solutions aligned to the strategy objectives of the Company.
- Influence and work along with the leadership team around people agenda and issues in order to build a high performance culture.
- Maintain a culture of appreciation by managing the Rewards and Recognition process. Chair the R&R Committee
- Manage the employee grievances by channelling them to the authorities and follow up until resolution.
- Provide training, mentoring and supervision of the HR team to ensure high performance, continuous skill upgrading & leadership development.
January to June 2018
International Talent Mgt Co.
|Develop a schedule to assess training needs for clients together with the senior trainers.|
|Conduct employee surveys and interviews while on assignments.|
|Consult with other trainers, managers, and leadership on research related matters.|
|Track and compile collected data for research assignments.|
|Conduct research to conceptualize training materials for senior trainers based on client briefing.|
|Prepare lesson plan and schemes of work for online/virtual training.|
|Create training strategies, initiatives, and materials for senior trainers.|
|Contact and utilize outside vendors and resources for instructional technology|
|Test and review created materials|
|Maintain a database of all training materials|
|Guided clients on how to conduct employee training and on boarding|
|Conduct training through new materials|
|Coordinate and monitor enrolment, schedules, costs, and equipment|
May to December 2017
- Support the Senior HR Officer in the management of the HR function
- Effective management of contracts of employment i.e. timely renewal and issuance
of contracts and notification of the end of contracts.
- Assist in implementing, reviewing, and maintaining human resource and administration policies, procedures, and systems.
- Oversee the company’s attendance and staff leave management system i.e.applications, records, filing, and reporting.
- Oversee the administration of medical and other benefit schemes including implementation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, following up on insurance claims reimbursements and reports.
HR & Admin Manager
September 2015 to May 2017
Symbion Mombasa Ltd
- Participate in review of the company’s HR policies and procedures and ensure
- effective implementation of the same within the companyCorrespondence with the company’s lawyers on various legal matters
- Deal with immigration department related matters e.g. work permits
- Planning, organizing, providing leadership and controlling all administrative
- Overall responsibility for the accuracy of information on the computerized system
and ensuring that the system is updated, maintained and used to its maximum
- Resolve employee disputes and advise management accordingly
- Participate in the articulation of change management programmes to improve the
- Periodically monitor & review pay actions based on the performance management
Records Manager, East & Central Africa
May 2012 to September 2015
British American Tobacco (K) Ltd
- Successfully prepared all litigation documents for labour disputes against the Company.
- Attended court sessions on behalf of the company either as a witness or to take notes for review with the Legal team.
- Reviewed, updated & successfully negotiated all 3rd party contracts under my docket at all positions e.g. Records Management Services with G4S Kenya, Archiving services for BAT Uganda with Aramex, etc.
- Reviewed the performance of all end market coordinators alongside their respective managers in the Records Management program.
Payroll Executive/HR Asst.
May 2008 to May 2012
British American Tobacco (K) Ltd
- Successfully implemented the benefits indicated in the registered and signed off Collective Bargaining Agreement for the staff union.
- Reviewed, updated & successfully negotiated all 3rd party contracts under my docket at all positions e.g. Telkom Kenya with BAT Kenya & renegotiated late payments and penalties related, successfully drafter the HR Self Service database creation contract, Deloitte for payroll services etc.
- Successfully onboarded DRC market onto Deloitte payroll contract.
- Successfully participated in salary surveys with survey houses e.g. Birches & Hays alongside our competition for talent.
October 2007 to May 2008
British American Tobacco
- Set up and successfully managed the IT license calendar that enabled the department to budget and monitor companywide licenses leading to nil downtime.
Viola was recruited as the IT department admin but over time, due to her hard work, focus and structured approach she assumed greater responsibilities in the IT department. Viola was a dependable, committed and focused resource always willing to stretch her responsibilities to increase her knowledge and learning. After 12 months due to her fantastic performance she was hand picked the HR department to work for their shared services department. It was a pleasure working with Viola and I am sure she will perform well in any function she chooses to work for.
Dilip Bhatia – IT Director at Al Rahji Building Solutions
Viola is a very professional HR resource that has demonstrated a high level of willingness to learn and adaptability as she transitioned through the various HR departments. Indeed, she has transformed into a person that can hit the ground running in a wide variety of HR middle level management roles. As a Service Centre Executive, Viola not only contributed to the efficient delivery of services to the customer departments, but also rolled out self service and other managed capabilities and projects to the HR customers across 17 countries in Eastern and Central Africa. In the process, she also acquired SAP HR skills that are critical in the operationalisation of HR tools under her docket including performance appraisal, development plans and public execution of training programmes among others. During her tenure as Payroll Manager, in acting capacity, Viola delivered the payroll on time in full for which she was given performance commendations and recognition at one of the company townhall meetings. Viola has also demonstrated great relationship management skills when she deputed her seniors and during people sourcing and recruitment engagements. She also has experience in industrial relationship management. She is on the right path to becoming an all-round HR Business Partner. Violas future in HR has been launched on the right trajectory and I have no doubt that she can leverage her understanding of HR to help deliver business results through people.David Kamuzze Musoke
More referrals on my LinkedIn profile.
More about myself
Kenyatta University MBA, Strategic Management, HR option 2018 – ongoing Institute of Human Resource Management Higher National Diploma -Human Resources Management 2011 – 2011 Kenyatta University B. Ed (Arts) – German and Secretarial Studies 2003 – 2006
Ability to make decision & justify with thorough prior consultation. Organizational capacity assessment. Ability to identify skill gaps and prepare training content relevant to upskill. This is both on the job and off the job training. Change management Culture embedment Empathic skills – Ability to appreciate where employee grievances emanate from, engage employees to ensureContinue reading “Skills”
Contacts available on request.